NOTICE: DUE TO CORONAVIRUS IMPACTS, effective April 7, only the following services will be offered in-person by the 88th FSS ID card section:
• CACs that are expired, corrupt, expiring within the next 7 days, or new civilian hires.
• Schedule an appointment by calling the FSS Customer Support main line at (937) 522-3664.
• No walk-ins except for lost cards and pin-resets.
For more specific guidance on other services offered, go to:
VISITOR PASSES AND ID CARDS
The 88th Security Forces Squadron Pass & Registration section is located in Bldg. 286, outside Area A at 4185 Logistics Avenue (From the South: Take Interstate 675 North to exit 17, turn right just prior to entering Gate 15A. From the North: Take Interstate 675 South to exit 17, turn right onto North Fairfield, then right onto Colonel Glenn, then make a right for the entrance ramp for Route 844, make another right just prior to entering Gate 15A.). Pass & Registration is open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday and is closed weekends and Holidays. Direct any questions to (937) 257-6506.
Pass and Registration issues Visitor Passes for one-time, short-term or temporary installation access and ID cards and passes for authorized contractor personnel. All visitors must have an authorized/approved sponsor and must provide a picture ID such as a current/valid driver’s license, state issued identification card or United States Passport. Identification must be valid and unexpired.
Caregivers of retired military or military dependents who need to access the base on a regular basis should consider requesting a Special Circumstances Pass. Requestors must go to the 88th Security Forces Squadron Pass & Registration section, located in Bldg. 286, Area A at 4185 Logistics Avenue to begin the process. If the caregiver will need to use the Commissary or the Base Exchange, a "Shop For" letter may be requested by submitting a letter from the patient's physician to the 88th Force Support Squadron. Additional information on this process is available by calling (937) 257-7544.
CAC CARDS FOR MILITARY, GS CIVILIANS, RETIRED CIVILIANS, CONTRACTORS AND ID CARDS FOR RETIRED MILITARY, MILITARY DEPENDENTS
Members who require DoD Common Access Card (CAC) must visit the 88th Force Support Squadron Customer Support Office at 2000 Allbrook Dr., Area A, Bldg. 2. DOD Identification cards for military retirees and military dependents are also issued at Area A, Bldg. 2. Enter at Gate 1A from State Route 444 (Broad Street in Fairborn, Ohio). Go to the first traffic light, turn on to Schuster Road. Continue on Schuster Road to Wright Ave. Turn right. Follow Wright Ave to the first traffic light, turn right. Bldg. 2 is the second building on the left.
Operating Hours are 7:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday - Friday. The office is closed until noon on the third Thursday of every month. Large group appointments are available M-F from 3 p.m. - 4:30 p.m. with prior approval. Please call 937-522-3664 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to make large military and contractor only group appointments.
The Customer Support section is closed on holidays and family days.
To avoid long waits or unanticipated closures, we recommend scheduling an appointment via online. Please visit the Force Support Squadron homepage and click on the CAC Appointment link on the right hand side. Please note that appointments are limited to 20 per day, and the reservation system will only show appointments in 60 day increments.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
1. Sponsors (Unless they’ve pre-filled out DD Form 1172-2 or have given the dependents power of attorney) MUST be present
2. All members receiving ID cards (military, dependents, civilian and contractors) MUST have two unexpired forms of ID. Examples (One photo ID-Military/retired ID Card, license, passport and secondary can be Social Security Card, Birth Certificate, Voting Card). The below members are required to bring extra documentation:
-Newly married members will need to bring the marriage certificate and spouses social security card
-Widow and Widowers will need to bring extra documentation such as a Marriage certificate, Death certificate and SF-50/proof of annuity receipt by widow/widower.
-Full Time students will need to bring a copy of their enrollment on the school’s letter head with an estimated graduation date
The 2019 National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) allows veterans (Purple Heart/Medal of Honor recipients, former prisoners of war, or those with a service-connected disability (SCD) and their caregivers) use of the commissary, military exchange and certain Morale Wealfare and Recreation facilities.
Veterans who have been issued a Veteran's Health Identification Card (VHIC): The VHIC can be read by Defense Biometrics Identification System (DBIDS) and establishes identity and purpose. Once the cardholder has established fitness/vetting, the VHIC card will be the credential registered in DBIDS at Pass & Registration Office, and used at the installation Entry Control Point. Registration must be accomplished every three years, or upon issuance of a new VHIC.
VA Letters, issued to VA Caregivers and establishes purpose: Individuals issued a VA letter will need to provide their VA letter, approved identity proofing documents and a background check. Once complete, the Real ID will be registered in DBIDS and used as the credential at the installation Entry Control Point. A DBIDS credential will be issued when a Real ID is not available.
Accompanying Individuals: Up to 5 individuals accompanying the card/letter holders will have the purpose of the card/letter holder conveyed to them (ex: spouse, adult children). Persons accompanying are required to establish identity and fitness (background check) at the Pass and Registration Office. Once identity has been established and a background check completed, accompanying individuals will be granted a 24 hour pass. This process must be accomplished for every visit. Accompanying individuals must remain with the VHIC holder or VA caregiver while on the installation.
Identity verification and background checks will be done at the Pass and Registration Office, Building 286 from 7 a.m. - 4:30 p.m., Monday-Friday. On weekends, holidays and Wing down days, these checks can be done at either Gate 12A located off SR 444 or Gate 19B located off National Rd.
- Installation access will not be granted to any individual not passing the background check.
- Credentials must be registered at each base individuals are requesting access to.
- The Trusted Traveler policy does not apply in this situation. All vehicle occupants must have their credentials checked through DBIDS by an Installation Entry Controller, prior to entering the installation
- MWR facility access is limited to Category C retail/revenue generating activities on WPAFB, such as the club, recreational lodging, special interest activities, bowling, golf, restaurants, equipment rental, movie theaters, vehicle storage and more.
- MWR programs and facilities supported primarily with appropriated funds are not authorized for access. These include gyms and fitness centers, libraries, child care centers, etc.
- Due to the number of individuals already accessing base on a daily basis, you may experience longer wait times to get onto the installation between 6 a.m. - 9 a.m. and 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
GATE HOURS OF OPERATION
Hours have changed due to Coronavirus impacts
Gate 1A: 6:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
Gate 12A: Open 24 hours
Gate 15A: CLOSED
Gate 26A: COMMERCIAL TRAFFIC ONLY: 6:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. M-F (6:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Saturdays; Closed Sundays)
Gate 1B: CLOSED
Gate 19B: Open 24 hours
Gate 22B: CLOSED