1. What are the Fisher Houses?
The Fisher Houses are compassionate care facilities, located on Wright-Patterson AFB within walking distance to the hospital. The houses provide a comfortable place to stay, serving patients and families from all branches of the military receiving active treatment at Wright Patterson Medical Center. The houses provide a safe and comfortable Home-Away-From-Home for families in need.
2. Who is eligible to stay at the houses?
Patients and /or families of patients from all branches of the military receiving active treatment at Wright Patterson Medical Center. The guests must live outside a 50 mile radius of Wright Patterson Medical Center. Availability of rooms is provided on a space available basis. You may request to have one non-medical attendee (over the age of 18) accompany you during your stay. Priority is given to families of Overseas Contingency Operations, families of critically ill patients and Oncology. Patients and guests must be able to care for themselves as the staff does not provide any medical care, assistance, or transportation.
3. When can I stay at Fisher House?
- Actively receiving medical treatment at Wright Patterson
- Lives outside a 50 miles radius of the hospital
- Able to care for themselves independently
- Able to exit the building independently in an emergency
- Must be able to provide their own transportation to and from the Medical Center and other required locations. Transportation is not provided by the Fisher House or the Base.
- Not a threat to themselves or others
- Not involved in a domestic violence situation that may pose a threat to others in the house
- Guest must be free of communicable diseases to include chicken pox, shingles, measles, mumps, colds, flu etc.
4. Who do I contact?
You may contact the House Managers at (937) 257-0855. Office hours are 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m., Monday-Friday. Any calls/messages after 4:00 p.m. will be returned the next business day. The office is closed on all Federal Holidays and weekends. If someone is admitted to the Wright Patterson Intensive Care Unit, please contact the nurse's station for information.
5. How do i make a reservation?
Due to limited availability, please contact us with the dates of your treatment as soon as possible. You will be placed on a waiting list and notified as soon as a room becomes available. Room requests are taken Monday - Friday from 8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. by calling (937) 257-0855. We are closed on all Federal Holidays and weekends. If you reach voice mail please leave a message and your call will be the next business day. Please remember we are on Eastern Standard Time.
There is no charge for guest stays.
6. Are volunteer opportunities available?
If you are interested in exploring volunteer opportunities you may contact the House Managers at (937) 257-0855.