Chief Master Sergeant David A. Flosi is the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is the senior enlisted leader and the primary advisor to the commander on all matters regarding the readiness, training, professional development and effective utilization of the command’s 88,000 total force Airmen. Chief Flosi develops and implements command policy to ensure strategic focus and synchronized efforts across the enterprise. The command directs and oversees activities in six different centers at hundreds of locations around the world while operating, defending and sustaining 12 military installations to enable the full spectrum of joint and allied operations. The command has strategic responsibility for installation support, mission support, discovery and development, test and evaluation, life cycle management and sustainment of virtually every major weapon system to power the world’s greatest Air Force.
Chief Flosi entered the Air Force in May 1996 as a nuclear weapons specialist. His background includes various leadership duties in conventional and nuclear munitions/missile operations, program management, developmental test and contingency operations at all Air Force organizational levels. Chief Flosi has deployed in direct support of operations SOUTHERN WATCH, IRAQI FREEDOM, INHERENT RESOLVE AND FREEDOM'S SENTINEL.
Prior to assuming his current position, Chief Flosi served as the Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker, AFB, OK.
2000 Airman Leadership School, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
2001 Associate of Applied Science, Munitions Systems Tech, Community College of the Air Force
2003 Bachelor of Science, Professional Aeronautics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Worldwide Campus
2007 U.S. Air Force Europe Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Kapaun Air Station, Germany
2010 Master of Science, Logistics and Supply Chain Management, Air Force Institute of Technology (AFIT), Ohio
2011 Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2013 Professional Manager Certification, Community College of the Air Force
2016 Personnel Recovery Planning, Joint Personnel Recovery Education and Training Center
2016 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education I, by distance learning
2017 Senior Enlisted Joint Professional Military Education II, by distance learning
2018 Leading Strategically, Center for Creative Leadership, Colorado Springs, Colo.
2018 Keystone Command Senior Enlisted Leader Course, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
2020 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flager Business School, University of North Caronia, Chapel Hill
2021 National and International Security Leadership Seminar, Alan L. Freed Associates, Washington D.C.
1. May 1996 – June 1996, Student, Basic Military Training, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
2. June 1996 – September 1996, Student, Nuclear Weapons Technician Course, Sheppard AFB, Texas
3. September 1996 – November 1999, Munitions Maintenance Team Member, 898 MUNS, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
4. November 1999 – October 2003, Team Chief, 852 MUNSS, Buechel Air Base, Germany
(February 2003 – June 2003, NCOIC, Escort Control Center, 363rd ECES, Prince Sultan AB, Saudi Arabia)
5. October 2003 – June 2006, Command WS3 Program Manager, Headquarters USAFE, Ramstein AB, Germany
6. June 2006 – August 2008, NCOIC, Munitions Maintenance, 704 MUNSS, Ghedi AB, Italy
7. August 2008 – March 2010, Student, Graduate School of Engineering and Management, AFIT, Ohio
8. March 2010 – December 2012, Special Weapons Flight Chief, Superintendent, 898 MUNS, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
9. December 2012 – April 2015, Integrated Maintenance Superintendent, 705 MUNS, Minot AFB, N.D.
10. April 2015 – December 2015, Superintendent, 341 MUNS, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
11. December 2015 – June 2017, Superintendent, 341 MXG, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
(March 2016 – October 2016, Superintendent, 1st Expeditionary Rescue Group, Diyarbakir, Turkey and Erbil, Iraq)
12. June 2017 – April 2019, Command Chief Master Sergeant, DATA MASKED
13. April 2019 – February 2020, Command Chief Master Sergeant, TAAC-Air and 438 AEW, FOB Oqab, Afghanistan
14. March 2020 – September 2021, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Sustainment Center, Tinker AFB, Okla
15. October 2021 – Present, Command Chief Master Sergeant, Air Force Materiel Command, WPAFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with three oak leaf clusters
2000 John L. Levitow Award, Airman Leadership School
2007 John L. Levitow Award, USAFE Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2010 Sigma Iota Epsilon Professional Management Fraternity Inductee
2011 Distinguished Graduate, Senior Noncommissioned Officer Academy
2014 Air Force Global Strike Command’s Maintenance Effectiveness Award, 705 MUNS (Unit award)
2016 Secretary of Defense Outstanding Field Level Maintenance Award, 341 MXG (Unit award)
EFFECTIVE DATE OF PROMOTION
Chief Master Sergeant August 2015
(CURRENT AS OF OCTOBER 2021)