Col Sirena I. Morris is the Commander, 88th Mission Support Group at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. In this capacity she leads and directs over 2,500 personnel and is responsible for an annual budget of 62 million dollars to support the base’s 30,000-person population on an installation spanning more than 8,200 acres. The Group consists of four squadrons providing base security and law enforcement, information technology/management and cyber defense, logistics, supply, transportation, fuels, readiness planning, dining, lodging, morale and recreation services, military and civilian personnel, education and training, family support, professional military education, casualty, mortuary, and deployment operations. Additionally, she serves as the liaison for the Commissary and Base Exchange. Finally, Col Morris provides oversight of the U.S. Air Force Marathon, the largest sporting event within the USAF.
Col Morris earned a Bachelor of Science degree in Accounting and commissioned through Air Force ROTC in May 1998. She started her career as a Medical Service Corps Officer in which she held several positions throughout the Randolph Air Force Base Clinic and was named the AETC Managed Care Officer of the Year. In November 2001 she was accepted for a cross train into the Services Officer Career Field which later merged with Personnel and Manpower. Among her previous assignments, she has held multiple command positions both in-garrison and deployed as well as key positions focusing on the assignment and development of Air Force officers while assigned to AFPC and later the Colonels’ Group. Additionally, she was competitively selected to participate in the Air Force's Education with Industry Program, interning with Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando; she also served as a White House Social Aide under the Obama Administration and as a Legislative Liaison to Congressional Professional Staffs and Committees for Air Force Manpower, Personnel, and Services. Prior to her current position she was Chief of the Personnel and Strength Division at Headquarters United States European Command, Stuttgart, Germany.
1998 Bachelor of Science in Accounting, Fayetteville State University, Fayetteville, N.C.
1998 Aerospace Basic Course, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2001 Masters in Business Administration, St Mary’s University, San Antonio, Texas
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2009 Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
2011 Strategic Policy Intern, Air Force Fellows, Washington D.C.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala., by correspondence
1. May 1998–January 2000, Assistant Flight Commander, Business Operations and Beneficiary Support (TRICARE Officer), 12th Medical Support Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
2. January 2000–July 2000, Group Practice Manager, 12th Medical Operations Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
3. July 2000–February 2001, Health Promotion Officer, 12th Aeromedical Dental Squadron, Randolph AFB, Texas
4. February 2001–January 2002, Director, Preventive Health Assessments, 12th Medical Group, Randolph AFB, Texas
5. January 2002–April 2003, Chief, Plans and Force Management, 51st Services Squadron, Osan Air Base, Korea
6. May 2003–September 2005, Commander, Combat Support Flight, 355th Services Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB,
Ariz. (February 2004–June 2004, Commander, 380th Expeditionary Services Squadron, Al Dhafra AB, Southwest Asia)
7. September 2005–February 2006, In-Garrison Commander, 355th Services Squadron, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
8. February 2006–August 2006, Director, Commander’s Action Group, 355th Mission Support Group, Davis-Monthan AFB, Ariz.
9. September 2006–June 2007, Education with Industry, Air Force Institute of Technology, Loews Hotels at Universal Orlando, Orlando, Fla.
10. June 2007–June 2008, Commander, 8th Services Squadron, Kunsan AB, Republic of Korea
11. July 2008–January 2010, Force Support Assignments Officer, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
12. January 2010–July 2010, Chief, Force Support Officer Assignments, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
13. July 2010–July 2011, Student, Strategic Policy Intern, Air Force Fellows, Washington D.C.
14. July 2011–June 2013, Chief, Force Management and Development, Air Force Colonel Management, the Pentagon, Arlington Va.
15. June 2013–June 2014, Commander, 379th Expeditionary Force Support Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
16. July 2014–May 2016, Chief, Manpower, Personnel and Services Policy and Programs, Secretary of the Air Force Office of Legislative Liaison, the Pentagon, Arlington, Va.
17. June 2016–June 2017, Deputy Commander, 380th Expeditionary Mission Support Group, Al Dhafra AB, Southwest Asia
18. June 2017–June 2019, Deputy Director, Plans and Force Management, Air Force Services Activity, Joint Base San Antonio-Kelly, Texas (August 2018–April 2019, Theater Sustainment Advisor, Air Force Central Command, Al Udeid AB, Qatar)
19. July 2019–May 2021, Chief, Personnel and Strength Division, Headquarters United States European Command, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany
20. July 2021–present, Commander, 88th Mission Support Group, Wright Patterson AFB, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS
1. July 2019–May 2021, Chief, Personnel and Strength Division, Headquarters United States European Command, Patch Barracks, Stuttgart, Germany, as a colonel
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Defense Superior Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with eight oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
First Lieutenant May 16, 2000
Captain May 16, 2002
Major Sept. 1, 2007
Lieutenant Colonel Feb. 1, 2013
Colonel May 1, 2019
(Current as of June 2022)