Fisher House I 415 Schlatter Ave
Wright Patterson AFB OH 45433
Fisher House II 417 Schlatter Ave
Wright Patterson AFB OH 45433
WPAFB Fisher House Slideshow
Fisher House Q&A
1. What are the Fisher Houses? The Fisher Houses are compassionate care facilities, located on Wright-Patterson AFB within walking distance to the hospital. The houses provide a comfortable place to stay, serving patients and families from all branches of the military receiving active treatment at Wright Patterson Medical Center. The houses provide a safe and comfortable Home-Away-From-Home for families in need.
2. Who is eligible to stay at the houses? Patients and /or families of patients from all branches of the military receiving active treatment at Wright Patterson Medical Center. The guests must live outside a 50 mile radius of Wright Patterson Medical Center. Availability of rooms is provided on a space available basis. You may request to have one non-medical attendee (over the age of 18) accompany you during your stay. Priority is given to families of Overseas Contingency Operations, families of critically ill patients and Oncology. Patients and guests must be able to care for themselves as the staff does not provide any medical care, assistance, or transportation.
3. When can I stay at Fisher House?
1. Actively receiving medical treatment at Wright Patterson 2. Lives outside a 50 miles radius of the hospital 3. Able to care for themselves independently 4. Able to exit the building independently in an emergency 5. Must be able to provide their own transportation to and
from the Medical Center and other required locations
Transportation not provided by the Fisher House or Base 6. Not a threat to themselves or others 7. Not involved in a domestic violence situation that may pose a threat to others in the house 8. Guest must be free of communicable diseases to include, chicken pox, shingles, measles, mumps, colds, flu etc.
4. Who do I contact? You may contact the House Managers at (937) 257-0855. Office hours: 0830-1600, Monday-Friday. Any calls/messages after 1600hrs will be returned during the next business day. The office is closed on all Federal Holidays and weekends. If someone is admitted to the Wright Patterson Intensive Care Unit, please contact the nurses' station for information.
5. How do i make a reservation? Due to limited availability, please contact us with the dates of your treatment as soon as possible. You will be placed on a waiting list and notified as soon as a room becomes available. Room requests are taken Monday-Friday from 0830-1600. We are closed on all Federal Holidays and weekends. If you reach voice mail please leave a message and your call will be returned during duty hours. Phone # (937)257-0855. Please remember we are on Eastern Standard Time.
There is no charge for guest stays.
6. Are volunteer opportunities available? If you are interested in exploring volunteer opportunities you may contact the House Managers at (937) 257-0855. Email Karen.email@example.com or Barbara.firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Alcohol, illegal drugs, firearms, and pets are not permitted in the house. Smoking is not permitted in the house or within a 50 foot radius of the house. Please use designated smoking areas. Violation of this rule will result in eviction.
2. For the safety and security of all our guests, please keep the doors locked after normal business hours on weekends and holidays.
3. Per Public Health regulations, guests are not to accept any food items/food donations at any time. Please refer them to the management.
4. Staff does not provide any medical care or assistance; no medical treatment will be permitted in the Fisher Houses.
5. No open flames or candles.
6. Rooms must be occupied on a daily basis unless other arrangements have been made in advance with the House Manager. If away from the room for more than 2 nights guests must completely check out of the room.
7. Check out time is 1100 hrs unless otherwise arranged.
8. I will be responsible for the conduct of my children. They will be supervised at all times and will not be left unattended. Children must show proper respect and behavior towards other residents, staff and property.
9. The house is a communal living facility. Respect others property and remember to secure your own room. We are not responsible for lost or stolen property.
10. You are required to clean up after yourself when you use common areas or common items. You are responsible for emptying the trash in your room and the common areas on weekends.
11. Residents are expected to dress appropriately in common areas. Shirt and footwear and required.
12. All guests must be able to evacuate the facility/house independently in case of fire or any other emergency.
13. Persons with infectious disease often require special precautions. Please notify the staff if you have an illness requiring special arrangements.
14. Only guests listed on the registration form may reside in the house. Any changes must be coordinated with Fisher House management.
15. Quiet hours are from 2200-0700 hours daily. Non-resident guests will not be permitted in the Fisher Houses during quiet hours.
16. I understand that it is a privilege, not a right, to stay in the Fisher Houses and is contingent upon my agreement to abide by the following rules and guidelines of the Fisher House.
The Official Web Site of Wright-Patterson Air Force Base