AFRL Materials and Manufacturing Directorate honors year's top performers
By Holly Jordan, AFRL Materials and Manufacturing Directorate
/ Published January 27, 2016
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio --
The Air Force Research Laboratory's Materials and Manufacturing Directorate honored their brightest and most talented performers at the 63rd annual awards luncheon, Friday, January 22, at the Hope Hotel and Conference Center.
The crowd was welcomed by Mr. Thomas Lockhart, Director of the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate, who took the opportunity to recognize all the finalists as well as their families and guests.
Mr. Ray Robb served as the event's guest speaker, filling in for Brig. Gen. Allan E. Day, Commander of Defense Logistics Agency Aviation, who was unable to attend due to the weather. Mr. Robb presented a history of the Doolittle Raiders.
Dr. Larry Butkus, Materials and Manufacturing Directorate Chief Engineer, read a letter from Brig. Gen. Day, who expressed his deep appreciation for the directorate where he began his Air Force career as a student.
"What you do is more than important. You provide the war-winning competitive edge we need to defeat our adversaries and maintain the freedom we all enjoy," Brig. Gen. Day wrote to the audience.
Serving as master of ceremonies, Col John Gloystein, Acting Director of the AFRL Munitions Directorate and former Deputy Director of the Materials and Manufacturing Directorate, announced the following award recipients:
· Engineering Expertise Award: B-2 Inlet Restoration Team―Mr. Brandon Black and Mr. Ryan Osysko
· International Award: Coatings, Corrosion, and Erosion Team―Mr. Michael Spicer, Ms. Diane Buhrmaster and Dr. Walter Juzukonis
· R. Lee Kennard Science & Technology Manufacturing Heritage Award: Mr. Ted Finnessy
· Program Management Award: Mr. Siamack Mazdiyasni
· Supervisor Excellence Award: Dr. Timothy Breitzman
· Vincent J. Russo Award For Leadership: Dr. Mark Forte
· Mission Support Award: Ms. Deyanira Reid
· Advanced Mission Support Award: Mr. Douglas Fulton
· Director's Team Award: The Agile Manufacturing for Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance Team: Mr. Brenchley Boden, Mr. Mark DiPadua, Ms. Katherine Fordon, and Mr. Kermit Stearns
· Director's Junior Workforce Award: Dr. Dan Berrigan
· Director's Individual Award: Dr. Michael Groeber
· Company Grade Officer of the Year: 1st Lt. Jason Goins
· Field Grade Officer of the Year: Maj. Matthew Quinton
· Robert T. Schwartz Engineering Achievement Award: Special Test and Research Laboratory Team― Dr. Ryan Justice, Mr. Ryan Osysko, Mr. Brandon Black, Mr. Alan Fletcher, and Mr. Douglas Carter
· Charles J. Cleary Scientific Achievement Award: Multiferroics Team― Dr. Brandon Howe, Dr. Gail Brown, and Dr. John Jones