WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio -- Wright-Patterson AFB will conduct an active-shooter exercise Aug. 18 from 9 to 10:30 a.m.
Communities surrounding the installation may hear emergency sirens and announcements over the “Giant Voice” public address system.
During the exercise, communities are advised not to call 911. Emergency response agencies and dispatch centers from nearby communities, which would also respond during a real-world active shooter, have been notified about the exercise.
For base personnel and visitors, exercise impacts may include:
- Gate traffic could be backed up or rerouted to other entry-control points
- Emergency-response vehicles moving around the base.
- Travel congestion
- Some roadways may be temporarily blocked
- Increased security measures
- “Giant Voice” activation
- Use of telephone and electronic-notification methods
- Alert sirens
Inquiries should be directed to the 88th Air Base Wing Public Affairs Office, at 937- 522-3252 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 30 -