COVID testing process to change
By 88th Medical Group, 88th Air Base Wing Medical Group
/ Published December 18, 2020
WRIGHT-PATTERSON AIR FORCE BASE, Ohio - To provide a more efficient resource, Wright-Patterson Medical Center’s COVID site testing location has transitioned to a lab-collection point only.
The 88th Medical Group is currently screening and testing patients for COVID-19 through a drive-thru and freestanding trailer on hospital grounds with the assistance of a medical provider available during testing hours.
Appointments are recommended before a patient arrives at the drive-thru. However, officials say many patients are coming to the site without an appointment or order in the Composite Health Care System.
Hours will remain 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. weekdays. If a patient arrives at the site without an appointment, there will be an option to call the appointment line and book a COVID-19 test without talking to a provider first.
For patients with flu-like symptoms or direct exposure to some-one who is currently COVID-19 positive:
- Active-duty and enrolled beneficiaries – call the Appointment/Access to Care Line: 937-522-2778
- GS/NAF personnel and non-enrollees – call Occupational Medicine: 937-242-8305 or 937-255-4809, option 2
Only positive COVID-19 test results will warrant a call from Public Health with further instructions, 88 MDG officials said. All negative test results will be available by visiting www.tri-careonline.com and logging into your personal account.
If you do not currently use TRICARE Online, here are the steps to gain access:
1. Go to www.tricareonline.com and click “Log In.”
2. Login with your DS Logon Premium (Level 2), DOD CAC or DFAS myPaycredentials. If you do not have DS Logon credentials and would like to, click “Register.”
3. Select the TOL feature you wish to explore: They include appointments, prescription refills and a blue button (to securely view, download, print or share your lab and radiology results, medication or allergy profile, encounters, problem lists, immunizations and vital signs).