Col. Christopher B. Meeker is commander of the 88th Air Base Wing at Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He commands one of the Air Force’s largest air base wings. It provides support and services to one of the largest and most organizationally complex bases in the Air Force, including a major acquisition center, research and development laboratories, a major command headquarters, airlift wing and the world’s largest military air museum. Home to more than 30,000 employees, the base is the largest single-site employer in Ohio.
Meeker entered the Air Force in 2000 after earning his commission through the U.S. Air Force Academy. A career civil engineer, he has served at five base-level assignments, Headquarters Air Force, the Air Force Personnel Center and Air Force Civil Engineer Center. His expeditionary experience includes four deployments to various locales. His commands include the 52nd Civil Engineer Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany; and 379th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Al Udeid Air Base, Qatar.
Prior to his current position, Meeker served as commander of the 86th Civil Engineer Group at Ramstein Air Base, Germany.
2000 Bachelor of Engineering, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colorado
2007 Master of Arts in Organizational Management, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
2007 Air Force Intern Program
2009 Air Command and Staff College (correspondence)
2013 Air War College (correspondence)
2018 Master of Science, National Security and Resource Strategy, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
1. June 2000-June 2003, Programmer and Mission Support Group Executive Officer, 82nd Mission Support Group, Sheppard AFB, Texas
2. June 2003-August 2006, Maintenance Engineer and Readiness Flight Commander, 3rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Elmendorf AFB, Alaska
3. August 2006-June 2007, Student, George Washington University, Washington, D.C.
4. June 2007-December 2007, Special Assistant to Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition
5. January 2008-June 2008, Deputy Legislative Assistant to the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff
6. June 2008-June 2010, Strategic Initiatives, Headquarters Air Force, Civil Engineer Directorate
7. June 2010-June 2012, Operations Flight Commander, 633rd Civil Engineer Squadron, Langley AFB, Virginia
8. July 2012-November 2013, Civil Engineer Assignments Officer, Air Force Personnel Center, Randolph AFB, Texas
9. December 2013-July 2014, Chief, Planning & Integration, Air Force Civil Engineer Center, Lackland AFB, Texas
10. July 2014-June 2016, Commander, 52nd Civil Engineer Squadron, Spangdahlem Air Base, Germany
11. June 2016-June 2017, Commander, 379th Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron, Al Udeid AB, Qatar
12. June 2017-June 2018, Student, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Washington, D.C.
13. June 2018-June 2020, Executive Assistant to the Joint Staff Director for Logistics, J4
14. June 2020-July 2022, Commander, 86th Civil Engineer Group, Ramstein AB, Germany
15. July 2022-present, Commander, 88th Air Base Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Bronze Star Medal
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Commendation Medal
Joint Service Achievement Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf clusters
National Defense Service Medal
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with one device
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant May 31, 2000
First Lieutenant May 31, 2002
Captain May 31, 2004
Major March 1, 2010
Lieutenant Colonel Dec. 1, 2013
Colonel Feb. 1, 2020
(Current as of July 2022)