In an emergency, call 911 or call the Domestic Abuse Victim Advocate at the confidential 24 hour number – 937-265-0022
Prevention/Outreach Program: Early intervention is key before unhealthy behaviors led to forms of maltreatment. Provides briefings and training for all base personnel on all forms of family and child maltreatment prevention. Provides information, referrals to on, and off-base communities.
New Parent Support Program: Offers prenatal and parenting education, office and home visits before and after delivery until age 3, regardless if it is the first child or 5th child born into the family. Other program offerings include phone consultations, child development screening and resources.
FAST (Family Advocacy Strength Based Treatment): Marriage and family counseling for active duty members and their families.
-Goal is to prevent incidences of maltreatment and help families and couples work through problems
-Documentation is kept in FAP only and not placed in medical record
Maltreatment Intervention: This program is Mandatory for all active duty sponsors when a referral is made due to suspected form of family maltreatment. Provides assessments, safety planning, and treatment for domestic violence referrals.
Domestic Abuse Victim Advocacy Services: Offers safety planning for victims of domestic violence. Also provides resources, referrals, legal support, case management and support for victims in a variety of situations.
Please call the Family Advocacy Program at
(937) 257- 4608/6429 for more information or to register for a class.
- Managing Anger for Healthier Relationships: This four-week class teaches healthier ways of expressing and reducing feelings of anger. Practice techniques to help deal with stress, and learn how unproductive thinking patterns may have been causing problems in your relationship.
- PREP 8.0 (Prevention Relationship Enhancement Program): This 4-week class has couples learning how to communicate effectively, work as a team to solve problems, manage conflicts without damaging closeness, and preserve and enhance commitment and friendship.
- Dads 101: This 3-hour class workshop is a fun and interactive class where expectant fathers learn information on the physical and emotional aspects of pregnancy, what to expect during labor and delivery and how to help, as well as, newborn care and their new role as a dad from experienced fathers. Taught by an active duty seasoned father.
- Active Parenting of Teens: This four-week class will give parents the guidance and support needed to turn the challenges of raising a teenager into opportunities for growth.
- Parenting with Love & Logic: This four-week class is for parents of children ages 6-12. Techniques that are learned: are simple and easy to learn; teach responsibility and character; lower the parents’ stress level; have immediate positive effects. Up the odds that you will enjoy lifelong positive relationships with your kids.