USAFSAM - Office of the Dean
Published January 10, 2020
Mission: The mission of the Office of the Dean is to equip current and future generations of Aerospace Medicine clinicians, consultants, educators, managers, and leaders with the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and abilities needed to deliver expert healthcare within complex local, international, and expeditionary environments to maximize operational health capabilities and optimize the health, human performance, and well-being of individuals and diverse military communities.
Vision: International Center of Excellence for Aerospace Medicine education that promotes an inspired and responsive learning environment, fosters interdisciplinary learning and collaboration, and prepares graduates to perform important mission responsibilities anytime, anywhere, and in the most demanding circumstances.
USAFSAM faculty educates lifelong and diverse learners using dynamic and relevant curricula built upon a foundation of interdisciplinary research, evidence, policy, and operational experience.
Office of the Dean Leadership
Colonel Susan Dukes is Interim /Associate Dean U.S. Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, Wright Patterson Air Force Base. Col. Dukes oversees and executes all USAFSAM education and training. She budgets for all resources necessary to deliver high-quality, standardized, and cost-effective courses.
Senior Master Sergeant Jason Herndon is Superintendent, Office of the Dean, U.S. Air Force School of Aerospace Medicine, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. Sergeant Herndon advises the Dean, and Department Chairpersons and Superintendents on all education and training matters. He collaborates with the Commander's Support Staff and base agencies to execute all training-related support.
About Our Department
- Directs daily academic operations for USAFSAM
- Establishes student training policies
- Executes the faculty development, instructor evaluation, and student evaluation programs
- Oversees institutional accreditation for all Graduate Medical Education programs
- Ensures adherence to requirements for Community College of the Air Force affiliated schools
- Oversees the development and revision of curriculum
- Creates an academic environment conducive to learning
- Convenes and directs the Academic Review Board
- Produces and manages distance learning courses
- Forecasts and executes the education budget and financial plan
- Oversees the Franzello Aeromedical Library, which houses the largest collection of aerospace medicine reference materials in the world
- Create and maintain computer based products that are stimulating, interactive, easily delivered as standalone self-paced courses, or technical inserts
- Academic Evaluation Division
- Academic Development Division
- Registrar Division
Office of the Dean
2510 Fifth Street, Bldg. 840, Room W400
Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433
Dean Secretary - (937) 938-3033
Superintendent - (937) 938-3212