Colonel Martin J. O’Grady is the Program Executive Officer (PEO) for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance (ISR) and Special Operations Forces (SOF), Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Air Force Materiel Command, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. He is responsible for developing, producing, testing, modifying, fielding, and supporting Air Force ISR and SOF platforms and related sub-systems.
Colonel O’Grady entered the Air Force in 1994 after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy. As a career acquisition officer, Colonel O’Grady served in program management leadership positions at numerous locations including Electronic Systems Center, Aeronautical Systems Center, Air Force Space Command, Air Force Research Laboratory, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, and in the office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition at the Pentagon. He was program manager on numerous programs including mission planning systems, military satellite communication terminals, and the X-45A. Additionally, he served as Chief of the Program Execution Group for the three-star Program Executive Officer for Aircraft; C-130J Program Element Monitor; and HC/MC-130J System Program Manager.
Prior to assuming his current duties, he served as the C/KC-135 System Program Manager and Legacy Tanker Division Chief at Tinker Air Force Base, Oklahoma. In this capacity, he was responsible for the total life cycle support of 396 tankers. He provided direction for logistics support, Programmed Depot Maintenance, Foreign Military Sales, and modifications for all variations of the KC-135 airframe.
1994 Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering Mechanics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1997 Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, Northeastern University, Boston, Mass.
2000 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala (Distinguished Graduate)
2006 Master of Science degree in Systems Engineering, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
2010 Program Manager’s Course (PMT-401), Defense Acquisition University, Ft Belvoir, Va.
2010 Executive Program Manager’s Course (PMT-402), Defense Acquisition University, Ft Belvoir, Va.
2013 Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1. June 1994 - June 1995, Project Manager, Conventional Mission Planning and Preparation System, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
2. June 1995 - January 1997, Project Manager, B-1B Weapons Integration, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
3. January 1997 - June 1999, Project Leader, Airborne Integrated Terminal System, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
4. June 1999 - June 2000, Chief, Systems Integration Management Team, Peterson AFB, Colo.
5. June 2000 - January 2001, Project Leader, Space Mission Systems, Cheyenne Mountain Air Station, Peterson AFB, Colo.
6. January 2001 - July 2004, Chief, Special Operations Branch, Schriever AFB, Colo.
7. July 2004 - May 2005, X-45A Program Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
8. May 2005 - June 2006, student, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
9. June 2006 - May 2007, Chief, Global Hawk Program Management Division, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
10. May 2007 - May 2008, Chief, Program Execution Group, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
11. May 2008 - June 2009, C-130J Program Element Monitor, Washington, D.C.
12. June 2009 - May 2010, Deputy Division Chief, Directorate of Global Reach Programs, Washington, D.C.
13. May 2010 - July 2012, Chief, Fixed Wing Branch and HC/MC-130J System Program Manager, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
14. July 2012 - June 2013, student, Air War College, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
15. June 2013 - April 2016, Chief, Legacy Tanker Division and C/KC-135 System Program Manager, Tinker AFB, Okla.
16. April 2016 - present, Program Executive Officer for Intelligence, Surveillance, Reconnaissance and Special Operations Forces, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with three oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Achievement Medal
Joint Meritorious Unit Award
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award with one oak leaf cluster
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant, June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant, June 1, 1996
Captain, June 1, 1998
Major, August 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel, March 1, 2009
Colonel, October 1, 2013
(Current as of April 2016)