1. How can I arrange a base visit or speaker?The 88th Air Base Wing Office of Public Affairs Community Relations division manages the base visit and speakers bureau. Please make requests at least 30 days in advance. Call 937-522-3519 or visit the Public Affairs Web page for more information.
2. How can I subscribe to have the Skywrighter delivered?Subscriptions to the Skywrighter are not authorized in accordance with Air Force regulations, however the Skywrighter can be mailed to you if you pay the standard bulk rate used by our publisher, Cox Ohio Publishing, Inc. Call (937) 522-3530 for assistance.
Another option is to view the complete Skywrighter online at www.skywrighter.com. Archived editions of the newspaper can also be downloaded in .PDF format.
3. How can I place an ad in the Skywrighter?Under contractural agreement with the Skywrighter publisher,Cox Ohio Publishing, all ads must be submitted on the original form located in the classified section of each newspaper. Photocopies and faxes are not accepted. Deadline for submission of free ads is noon on Friday for the following week's newspaper. You may drop off classified ads or mail them to:
88th Air Base Wing Office of Public Affairs
5215 Thurlow St
Bldg 70, Suite 4B
WPAFB, OH 45433-5543
For classified advertising questions, call (937) 253-1515.
For paid advertising, please call the publisher at 888-802-6964 for assistance.
4. How do I submit an article or arrange coverage of an event?Contact the Skywrighter editor at (937) 522-3530. Note deadline for submission of articles is close of business Friday for the following Friday's issue. News briefs may be accepted if received before noon Tuesday the week of publication. E-mail editorial copy to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Electronic images should be submitted in .jpg or .tif formats only. We require high resolution images -- 200 dpi or higher.
External media must be escorted on the installation by a public affairs specialist. For external media coverage of base events call (937) 522-3252.
5. How can I learn about musical performances by the U.S. Air Force Band of Flight?You can visit the Band of Flight Web page, call the band at (937) 257-6526 or mail: U.S. Air Force Band of Flight, Bldg 1418, Wright-Patterson AFB, OH 45433.
6. How do I request a flyover or other aerial support.The U.S. Air Force Aerial Events Support page has detailed instructions for requesting military aircraft flyovers, static displays, performance teams and airshow support. Visit http://www.airshows.pa.hq.af.mil for more information.