Wright-Patterson Air Force Base   Right Corner Banner
Join the Air Force

Questions > FAQ Topic

1. Where do I get an ID card, and what are Personnel Customer Service hours?

Personal ID Cards and Passes

The 88th Security Forces Squadron Pass & Registration section, located in Bldg 286, Area A at 4185 Logistics Avenue issues ID cards and passes for authorized contractor personnel. (From the South: Take Interstate 675 North to exit 17, turn right just prior to entering Gate 15A.  From the North: Take Interstate 675 South to exit 17, turn right onto North Fairfield, then right onto Colonel Glenn, then make a right for the entrance ramp for Route 844, make another right just prior to entering Gate 15A.). Pass & Registration is open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday - Friday; closed weekends and Holidays. Direct any questions to (937) 257-6506. 

Military members and civilian employees who require DoD Common Access Card (CAC) Identification must visit the 88th Force Support Squadron Customer Support Center at Bldg 2, Area A. DOD Identification cards for military retirees and military dependents are also issued at Bldg 2 in Area A. Enter gate 1A at State Route 444 in Fairborn, OH and proceed straight through the traffic light. The Military Personnel Section is in the first building on the right and is located at 2000 Allbrook Dr.

Normal Operating Hours for the Military Personnel Section are 0730 to 1500 Monday, Wednesday and Friday and 0900 to 1500 on Tuesday and Thursday. However, ID cards are only issued 0730 to 1500 Monday, Wednesday and Friday. ID card issuance on Tuesday and Thursday is limited to the hours of 0900 to 1500. Large group appointments are available M-F from 1500 to 1630 with prior approval.  Please call 257-2547 and select Option 0 to make an appointment.

We also offer restricted hours every first Saturday of each month from 0900 to 1300 with the exception of holidays that fall on those first Saturday's of each month. As a Military Organization we may be tasked with short notice requirements. Therefore, please call to verify Saturday openings are available. We accept customers as first come first serve/ walk-in only on Saturdays. The Customer Support section is closed on holidays and family days.

To avoid long waits or unanticipated closures, we recommend scheduling an appointment with our Customer Support Section. To avoid long waits, or unanticipated closures, appointments for ID cards are strongly recommended! Please visit the Force Support Squadron homepage and click on the CAC Appointment link on the right hand side. Or call (937) 257-2547 and select Option 0.

Granting Base Access to Caregivers 

Caregivers of invalid retirees who need to access the base on a regular basis should consider getting a Special Circumstances Pass.  Requestors must go to The 88th Security Forces Squadron Pass & Registration section, located in Bldg 286, Area A at 4185 Logistics Avenue to begin the process.  Additional information is available by calling (937) 257-6264.   

If the caregiver will need to use the Commissary or the Base Exchange, a "Shop For" letter may be requested by submitting a letter from the patient's physician to the 88th Force Support Squadron.  Additional information on this process is available by calling (937) 257-7544.      

2. How can I locate a civilian employee or Airman?

The Air Force World Wide Locator handles official and unofficial requests to locate Air Force personnel.  You can call them at (210) 565-2660 during normal business hours (Monday thru Friday, 7:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m) or visit the AFPC Worldwide Locator webpage

3. Where can I get information on Wright STEP, STARBASE and other educational programs for youth?

Visit the Wright-Patterson Air Force Base Educational Outreach website.

4. I'm retired and will need a friend to drive me home after my treatment at Wright-Patterson Medical Center. Does my friend need a pass if he drives my vehicle?

Yes.  If they are non-DOD affiliated personnel, they will need to obtain a visitors pass for their person.  This will also allow the individual to drive on and off the installation without being delayed for lack of base credentials.

5. Who can apply for U.S. citizenship on Wright-Patterson?

When the citizenship application is based on military service, Air Force members need to apply for citizenship thru 88th Military Personnel Flight Personal Affairs in Bldg 2, Area A. The following forms have to be typed and can be picked up at the Personal Affairs Office or downloaded from the site listed below: USCIS Form G-325B, Biographic Information, and USCIS Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. The Personal Affairs Office will complete the other required forms. Member will have to bring their Permanent Residency Card when visiting the Personal Office for the first time. You will be scheduled to have your fingerprints taken at the Federal Building in Cincinnati, Ohio. You cannot have them taken locally. There is no cost for U.S. military personnel to request citizenship. If you have any questions, please call (937) 257-6405 or 257-6002, or visit the Personal Affairs Office. 

All other individuals, applying for citizenship, need to use the normal USCIS procedures. There is a cost for them to apply for citizenship. For additional information see the USCIS website: http://www.uscis.gov.

6. What are the hours for chapel services on base?

For information on Wright-Patterson's chapel community, including base chapel locations, services, and wedding information, visit the 88th Air Base Wing Chapel Community Web page.

tab Topics 
01. Key Phone Numbers
02. ID Cards & General Base Information
03. Support for the Troops
04. Employment Opportunities
05. Honor Guard Support
06. Public Affairs, Bands, Base Newspaper
07. Recreation, Scout Encampments
08. Contacting the Wing Commander

 Inside WPAFB

ima cornerSearch

Site Map      Contact Us     Questions     USA.gov     Security and Privacy notice     E-publishing  
Suicide Prevention    SAPR   IG   EEO   Accessibility/Section 508   No FEAR Act