Library Fact Sheets
PHARMACY - KITTYHAWK PHARMACY SERVICES - WPAFB|
Printable Fact Sheet
The Pharmacy is Open 0900-1800 Monday - Friday.
The Kittyhawk Pharmacy is located next to the Wright-Patterson Commissary.
The Kittyhawk Pharmacy has 3 options for refill pick up. You can pick up your refills either inside the pharmacy, outside the pharmacy at the drive-thru window, or inside the commissary near the frozen food section.
If your Wright-Patterson Medical Center doctor has entered a new or renewal prescription, you must activate this prescription by coming into the pharmacy and pulling a ticket before it will be filled.
The Pharmacy will be closed weekends, holidays and all AFMC Family Days.
The Pharmacy will be closed for Training the first Thursday of each month from 0900-1000.
The Kittyhawk Pharmacy will fill new prescriptions from off-base providers who are authorized by law to prescribe medications. They will also fill all refills originating from a Wright Patterson Medical Center Pharmacy.
Prescriptions written by Off-Base Providers Must:
* Be typed, or written in ink and contain the providers DEA number, address, and phone number.
* Prescriptions for Schedule II controlled drugs must be written on a separate form from Schedule III, IV and V controlled drugs.
* Must not prescribe controlled medications on the same prescription as non-controlled drugs.
The Kittyhawk Pharmacy provides one hundred percent counseling to all patients concerning their medications. If you are experiencing side effects, or your medication does not appear to be effective please ask to speak to one of our pharmacists. Our pharmacists will be more than happy to provide one-on-one counseling with you concerning your medications and their effectiveness.
Always follow the directions on the prescription label precisely. If you have any questions concerning the directions ask a pharmacist or technician for clarification.
Outpatient Prescription Refill Procedures
* All refill requests must be called in to the pharmacy's automated refill request line at (937) 257-9016.
* Refills called in will be ready for pickup within 2 duty days.
* Any medication that has been refilled or activated and not picked up within 14 calendar days will be considered non-compliant, returned to stock and will need to be reactivated by the patient in-person at the Kittyhawk Pharmacy.
e-Rx (aka e-Prescribing)
The Kittyhawk Pharmacy will begin accepting electronic prescriptions from off-base providers by 2015.
* To expedite processing of your prescriptions, please let your provider know that our formulary is available online.
* Alphabetical Formulary Link: http://online.lexi.com/lco/splashes/files/pdf/Wright-Patterson-AFB.pdf
* Therapeutic Formulary Link: http://online.lexi.com/lco/splashes/files/pdf/Wright-Patterson-AFB-Index.pdf
Fact Sheet Point of Contact
88th Air Base Wing Public Affairs