|COLONEL JAMES FULTON|
Colonel James G. Fulton is Vice Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center (AFLCMC), Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. As one of five Air Force Materiel Command centers, AFLCMC is responsible for total life-cycle management of all aircraft, engines, munitions, and electronic systems.
In his previous assignment, Colonel Fulton was the Director, KC-46 Development, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio. His responsibilities included management of the design, development, manufacturing, and testing of the replacement aircraft for the KC-135.
Colonel Fulton received his commission via Officer Training School after graduating from Virginia Tech with a bachelor's degree in Aerospace Engineering. A career acquisition officer, he has served as a structural, aeronautical, and flight test engineer, executive officer, and program manager on multiple aircraft, air-to-air, and air-to-ground weapons systems. He has commanded at the squadron and group levels.
1984 Bachelor of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, Va.
1987 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell AFB, Ala.
1989 Master of Science degree in Systems Management, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1997 Advanced Program Management Course, Defense Systems Management College, Fort Belvoir, Va.
1998 Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2002 Air War College, by seminar
2003 Program Manager's Course, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va.
2007 Master of Science degree in National Resource Strategy, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, DC
2007 Senior Acquisition Course, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, DC
2009 Executive Program Manager's Course, Defense Acquisition University, Fort Belvoir, Va
1. July 1984 - May 1988, F-111 Structural Engineer; F-111 Aeronautical Engineer; and F-111 Flight Test Engineer, Sacramento Air Logistics Center, McClellan AFB, Calif.
2. May 1988 - September 1989, Graduate Student, School of Systems and Logistics, Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
3. October 1989 - August 1993, Source Selection Project Officer; F-22 Airframe Program Manager; and Chief, F-22 Technology Integration Section, F-22 System Program Office, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
4. September 1993 - August 1995, Special Products Manager, Directorate of Requirements, Headquarters Air Force Material Command, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. August 1995 - August 1997, Chief, System Improvement Integrated Product Team, Air-to-Air Joint Systems Program Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
6. August 1997 - August 1998, Chief, HARM Targeting System, Air-to-Air Joint Systems Program Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
7. August 1998 - June 2001, Chief, Joint Strike Fighter Manufacturing and Producibility Integrated Product Team; and Executive Officer, Joint Strike Fighter System Program Office, Arlington, Va.
8. July 2001 - July 2003, Director, F-22 Programs, Air Force Program Executive Office for Fighter and Bomber Programs, Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Pentagon, Washington DC
9. July 2003 - April 2004, Director, Counter-Air Weapons Development, Counter-Air Joint Systems Program Office, Eglin AFB, Fla.
10. April 2004 - October 2004, Minister of Defense for Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics Trainer/ Mentor; and Program Manager, Office of Military Cooperation-Afghanistan, Kabul, Afghanistan
11. November 2004 - July 2005, Director, Advance Medium Range Air-to-Air Missile Product Division, Air-to-Air Missile Systems Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
12. July 2005 - February 2006, Commander, Special Projects Squadron, Air-to-Ground Munitions Systems Wing, Eglin AFB, Fla.
13. February 2006 - July 2006, Director of Staff, Air Armament Center, Eglin AFB, Fla.
14. August 2006 - June 2007, Student, Industrial College of the Armed Forces, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington DC
15. June 2007 - July 2010, Commander, 727th Aircraft Sustainment Group, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, Okla.
6. July 2010 - May 2013, Director, KC-46 Development, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
17. May 2013 - Sep 2013, Special Assistant to the Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
18. Sep 2013 - Present, Vice Commander, Air Force Life Cycle Management Center, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal with oak leaf cluster
Meritorious Service Medal with 4 oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal
Air Force Achievement Medal with 3 oak leaf clusters
1985 Company Grade Officer of the Year, System Program Management Division, Sacramento ALC
1989 Distinguished Graduate, Air Force Institute of Technology
1989 Louis F. Polk and American Defense Preparedness Association Award for academic excellence and significant contribution to national defense
1994 Company Grade Officer of the Year, Directorate of Requirements, HQ Air Force Materiel Command
2002 Officer of the Year, Air Force Program Executive Office, Fighter and Bomber Programs
2003 AFMC Schriever Award Winner as part of the Air-to-Air Missile Systems Wing
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant July 13, 1984
First Lieutenant July 13, 1986
Captain July 13, 1988
Major June 1, 1996
Lieutenant Colonel December 1, 2000
Colonel July 1, 2006
(Current as of Sep 2013)