|COLONEL AMANDA W. GLADNEY|
Colonel Amanda W. Gladney is the 88th Air Base Wing and Installation Commander, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. She commands one of the largest air base wings in the Air Force with more than 5,000 Air Force military, civilian, and contractor employees. The wing provides support and services to one of the largest, most diverse, and most organizationally complex bases in the Air Force including a major acquisition center, research and development laboratories, a major command headquarters, an airlift wing, and the world's largest military air museum. The base is home to more than 27,000 employees and is the largest single site employer in the state of Ohio.
Colonel Gladney is a 1988 graduate of the U. S. Air Force Academy. A career communications and information systems officer, Colonel Gladney has held a variety of staff and command positions. She served as an intelligence systems staff officer for the Air Force Intelligence Agency at Fort. Belvoir, Va., and as a wing executive officer for the 43rd Airlift Wing at Pope AFB, N.C. Her command experience includes leading the 314th Communications Squadron at Little Rock AFB, Ark., the 5th Combat Communications Group at Robins AFB, Ga., and the 48th Mission Support Group at RAF Lakenheath, U.K. She was recently the Deputy Chief Information Officer for the Joint Staff. As DCIO, she is responsible for assisting the Joint Staff Chief Information Officer in programming, planning, engineering and executing Information Technology Enterprise Architecture.
1988 Bachelor of Science, Organizational Behavior, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colo.
1989 Comm-Computer Systems Officer Training Course (Distinguished Grad.), Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
1994 Master of Science, Management, National-Louis University, Evanston, Ill.
1994 Squadron Officer School, (Commandant's trophy/Distinguished Grad.), Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
1997 Advanced Comm-Computer Officer Training (ACOT), Keesler Air Force Base, Miss.
1999 Air Command and Staff College, (Distinguished Grad.), Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2000 Master of Science, Military Operational Art and Science, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2003 Master of Science, Global Strategic Studies, Air University, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
2004 Joint Forces Staff College, Joint Professional Military Education Phase II, Norfolk, Va.
2010 USAF Enterprise Leadership Seminar, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, Va.
2010 Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Level IV Antiterrorism Executive Seminar, Mclean, Va.
2010 Fellowship, International Women's Forum, Washington, D.C.
2012 Eurozone-NATO-UN Seminar, Washington, D.C.
1. June 1988 - April 1989, U.S. Air Force Academy Women's Assistant Basketball Coach, Colo.
2. September 1989 - September 1992, Intelligence Systems Staff Officer, Air Force Intelligence Agency, Fort Belvoir, Va.
3. September 1992 - October 1994, Executive Officer and Headquarters Squadron Section Commander, Air Force Intelligence Support Agency, Bolling Air Force Base, Washington, D.C.
4. October 1994 - April 1996, Plans Flight Commander, 23rd Communications Squadron, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
5. April 1996 - July 1997, Mission Systems Flight Commander, 43rd Communications Squadron, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
6. July 1997 - July 1998, Executive Officer, 43rd Airlift Wing, Pope Air Force Base, N.C.
7. July 1998 - July 1999, Student, Air Command and Staff College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala.
8. July 1999 - July 2001, Commander, 314th Communications Squadron, Little Rock Air Force Base, Ark.
9. July 2001 - August 2002, Deputy Commander, 5th Combat Communications Group, Robins Air Force Base, Ga.
10. August 2002 - June 2003, Student, Air War College, Maxwell Air Force Base, Ala
11. June 2003 - September 2003, Student, Joint Forces Staff College, Norfolk, Va.
12. September 2003 - August 2005, Deputy Division Chief, Military Communications-Electronic Board, The Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
13. August 2005 - June 2007, Commander, 48th Mission Support Group, RAF Lakenheath, U.K.
14. June 2007 - April 2009, Director of Communications, HQ Air Force Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance Agency, Lackland Air Force Base, Texas
15. May 2009 - June 2010, Deputy Chief Information Officer, The Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
16. June 2010 - present, Commander, 88th Air Base Wing, Wright-Patterson Air Force Base, Ohio
SUMMARY OF JOINT ASSIGNMENTS:
1. September 2003 - August 2005, Deputy Division Chief, Military Communications-Electronic Board, The Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
2. May 2009 - June 2010, Deputy Chief Information Officer, The Joint Staff, Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS:
Defense Superior Service Medal
Legion of Merit
Defense Meritorious Service Medal
Meritorious Service Medal with four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with oak leaf cluster
Air Force Achievement Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION:
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1988
First Lieutenant June 1, 1990
Captain June 1, 1992
Major Aug. 1, 1998
Lieutenant Colonel May 1, 2001
Colonel August 1, 2005
(Current as of May 2012)