Colonel Bradley W. McDonald is the 88th Air Base Wing and Installation Commander, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio. He commands one of the largest air base wings in the Air Force with more than 27,000 Air Force military, civilian, and contractor employees. The wing provides support and services to one of the largest, most diverse, and most organizationally complex bases in the Air Force including a major acquisition center, research and development laboratories, a major command headquarters, an airlift wing, and the world's largest military air museum. The base is the largest single site employer in the state of Ohio.
Colonel McDonald entered the Air Force after graduating from the United States Air Force Academy in 1994. He has held a variety of leadership, staff, and command positions with experience at the squadron, wing, major command, and Air Staff levels as well as in the deployed environment. Additionally, he served as a wing executive officer, speechwriter to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces, and as a Capitol Hill military fellow to the United States Senate Majority Whip. He also served at Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson Air Force Base, Colorado, as the Chief of the Financial Analysis Division.
Prior to his current position, Colonel McDonald was Vice Commander, 10th Air Base Wing, United States Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1994: Bachelor of Science degree in Mathematics, U.S. Air Force Academy, Colorado Springs, Colo.
1998: Master of Science degree in Cost Analysis, U.S. Air Force Institute of Technology, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
1999: Squadron Officer School (Distinguished Graduate), Maxwell AFB, Ala.
2004: Air Command and Staff College, by correspondence
2008: Air Force Legislative Fellowship (IDE in-residence), Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
2008: Air War College, by correspondence
2013: Master of Science degree in Resource Strategy, Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
2015: Air Force Enterprise Leadership Seminar, Kenan-Flagler Business School, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, N.C.
1. Aug 1994 - Nov 1994: Deputy Financial Services Officer, 366th Comptroller Squadron, 366th Wing (Composite), Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
2. Dec 1994 - Jun 1996: Financial Services Officer, 366th Comptroller Squadron, 366th Wing (Composite), Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
3. July 1996 - Apr 1997: Deputy Budget Officer, 366th Comptroller Squadron, 366th Wing (Composite), Mountain Home AFB, Idaho
4. May 1997 - Sep 1998: Graduate Student, AFIT, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
5. Oct 1998 - Sep 1999: Weapons System Cost Analyst, Global Air Traffic Operations/Mobility Command and Control System Program Office, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
6. Oct 1999 - Dec 2000: Deputy Chief, Cost Analysis, Global Air Traffic Operations/Mobility Command and Control Systems Program Office, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
7. Dec 2000 - Mar 2001: Joint Task Force Southwest Asia Budget Officer, Eskan Village, Saudi Arabia
8. Mar 2001 - Apr 2001: Deputy Chief, Cost Analysis, Global Air Traffic Operations/Mobility Command and Control Systems Program Office, Electronic Systems Center, Hanscom AFB, Mass.
9. May 2001 - Jun 2002: Financial Analysis Flight Commander, 341st Comptroller Squadron, 341st Space Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
10. Jul 2002 - Jul 2003: Wing Executive Officer, 341st Space Wing, Malmstrom AFB, Mont.
11. Aug 2003 - Apr 2004: Command Budget Analyst, Directorate of Financial Management, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
12. May 2004 - Feb 2005: Speechwriter to the Commander, Pacific Air Forces, COMPACAF Action Group, Headquarters Pacific Air Forces, Hickam AFB, Hawaii
13. Mar 2005 - Jan 2007: Commander, 377th Comptroller Squadron, 377th Air Base Wing, Kirtland AFB, N.M.
14. Feb 2007 - Jun 2007: Comptroller, 332nd Air Expeditionary Wing, Balad Air Base, Iraq
15. Jul 2007 - Dec 2008: Capitol Hill Fellowship Program, the Government Affairs Institute, Georgetown University, and office of Senator Richard Durbin, U.S. Senate Majority Whip, Capitol Hill, Washington, D.C.
16. Jan 2009 - Jul 2009: Congressional Budget and Appropriations Liaison, Budget & Appropriations Liaison Directorate (SAF/FMBL), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
17. Aug 2009 - May 2010: Executive Officer, Deputy Assistant Secretary (Budget) (SAF/FMB), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
18. June 2010 - June 2012: Deputy Commander, 82nd Mission Support Group, 82nd Training Wing, Sheppard AFB, Texas
19. July 2012 - June 2013: Student, Dwight D. Eisenhower School for National Security and Resource Strategy, National Defense University, Fort Lesley J. McNair, Washington, D.C.
20. July 2013- June 2014: Chief, Financial Analysis Division, Headquarters Air Force Space Command, Peterson AFB, Colo.
21. July 2014 - June 2016: Vice Commander, 10th Air Base Wing, US Air Force Academy, Colo.
22. June 2016 - Present: Commander, 88th Air Base Wing, Wright-Patterson AFB, Ohio
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Legion of Merit
Meritorious Service Medal with five oak leaf clusters
Air Force Commendation Medal with two oak leaf clusters
Joint Service Achievement Medal
National Defense Service Medal with service star
Armed Forces Expeditionary Medal
Iraq Campaign Medal
Global War on Terrorism Service Medal
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant June 1, 1994
First Lieutenant June 1, 1996
Captain June 1, 1998
Major July 1, 2004
Lieutenant Colonel March 1, 2009
Colonel October 1, 2014
(Current as of June 2016)